With the Mobile Computer System, officers in the field are linked directly into the RIMS system, giving them complete control of their information environment. It provides comprehensive data access and unit status reporting with more functions and features than any other such system and it does so with more than 20 years of field use behind it, guaranteeing that is designed around the way officers do business.
Like all RIMS products, the Mobile Computer System is ever evolving, continually adding functions and taking advantage of the latest improvements in mobile technology.
- Brings the office to the patrol car with comprehensive access to RIMS CAD and RMS data
- Secure encrypted digital communication
- Automatic transmission of relevant incident information
- Access to state and national vehicle and person information databases
- One-button digital unit status reporting
- One-time data entry
- Touch screen compatible with extra large on screen buttons
- Available Voice announcement of results of query responses from state/NCIC databases
- Provides access to outside agency systems with the optional RIMS Collaborate data sharing software
- Optional in car mapping with automatic vehicle location.
- Supports all current wireless networks and selected radio networks
- Windows Vista, 7 and later are supported
Our Mobile Computer System gives the officer in the field access to RIMS CAD and RMS to perform a multitude of valuable functions including the ability to:
- On duty sign-on with vehicle, mileage, and equipment information
- Run state/NCIC queries
- Receive incident dispatches
- Change status
- Email dispatchers and all other RIMS users
- Obtain case numbers electronically
- Look up past incidents
- Displays a constantly updated status list of all units
- Displays a constantly updated list of all active incidents
- Enter officer reports
- View case log and existing officer reports, including photos
- Check vehicle information
- Check person information including mug shots
- Obtain a unit activity log
- Check location history
- Do data searches
- Reduces radio traffic, so the communications center runs more smoothly.
- Provides officers with information instantly, creating an extra margin of safety.
- Enables officers to provide better service to the public by keeping officers in the field.
- Creates more secure transmissions without the need for alternate or scrambled radio channels.
- Saves money by increasing officer efficiency and streamlining report preparation.
The RIMS Mobile Computer System - an indispensable tool for officers.