With RIMS Computer Aided Dispatch your dispatchers have the ability to perform multiple tasks with one, high-performance system. Created to meet the demanding needs of law enforcement, RIMS was designed to be as multi-functional as the people using it.
EASY TO USE AND LEARN
Like every component of the RIMS System, our Computer Aided Dispatch was developed to be easy to use and easy to learn. In fact, the best way to learn any aspect of RIMS is to just dive right in and use it. Most people learn the basics of CAD in a matter of minutes and our complete training program takes only two days.
- Windows and functions differentiated by color
- One-screen capability
- Six screen and monitor configurations
- Easily-identified icons
- Detailed unit and incident status displays
- Unit status by color
- Incident priority by color
- Five-way location verification
- One click "early dispatch"
- Two-click status changes
- Two-click officer report number assignment
- Unlimited incident history
- Command line
- Full access to records information
- Windows 7/Vista/XP compatible
RIMS CAD is unique in that it allows each user to use it in the way that works best for them or for the situation at hand. For instance, dispatchers can navigate using the mouse, forms accessed through function keys or traditional command lines. With RIMS, dispatchers also have 14 ways to dispatch a unit and countless ways in which to access information. For instance, the 3D feature of RIMS allows dispatchers to display information simply by double-clicking on a screen data item such as incident number, case number or person’s name.
Whether it’s a call for service or an officer initiated event, RIMS provides the tools to enter the information, dispatch units and record everything that happens thereafter. Separate entry forms for the two sources of new incidents simplify life for the dispatcher. And each form adheres to the RIMS credo of providing maximum reference information to the dispatcher, automatically.
After you have entered your agency’s beats and plans into the system, RIMS can recommend units for dispatch. On the call entry screen, as soon as you enter the location and incident type, RIMS automatically displays a list of recommended units. If you’d like, you can immediately dispatch the recommended units with a single mouse click. You can also finish filling out the incident form and redisplay the incident for dispatch later—you will then get an updated unit recommendation based on who’s available.
UNIT AND INCIDENT UPDATES
Once a unit is dispatched, RIMS Computer Aided Dispatch makes it easy to update unit status and incidents.
Unit update capabilities include:
- Change a unit’s status
- Clear units
- Change multiple units at once
- Clear all units and close the incident
- Put a unit on or off duty
- Change a unit’s beat assignment
- Free a unit
- Reassign a unit
- Exchange units
- Designate a primary unit
With Incident Updates you can:
- Change the status of an incident
- Display an incident
- Close an incident without dispatch
- Reopen a closed incident
- Add comments to an incident
- When incidents are closed, RIMS keeps right on working. Any vehicles that were part of the incident are automatically entered in the Vehicle File and any people associated with the incident are recorded in the Person File
RIMS CAD keeps a running log of each incident. It contains records of user sign-on and sign-off times, administrative status changes, changes made to the incident location or type, status queries, entries for unverified incident locations and comments entered for incidents. With the System Log, you can examine the sequence of events in the communications center for a particular period of time.
RIMS CAD makes it easy to keep track of towed vehicles and tow company assignment rotations. With the Tow Log, you’ll have instant access to a record of all towed vehicles within any dates you select.
RIMS is one powerful search tool. With the Search function, you can create reports based on any parameters you set. Also, RIMS CAD makes it easy to retrieve data even when only incomplete information is available. Find people by searching first names only, or locate vehicles with nothing more than a partial license plate. RIMS CAD enables you to search incidents, vehicle permits, vehicle maintenance, activity logs and parking permits. Combine Computer Aided Dispatch with our Records Management System and your search possibilities are nearly endless. See the RIMS Records Management product sheet for more information.
RIMS Computer Aided Dispatch allows the user to create references for often-accessed information. Rather than fill the workstation with unnecessary paperwork, RIMS keeps a user directory, Officer directory, phone list, beat assignments list, address history and a ready reference file that can be utilized to store any type of information you wish. And don’t forget the RIMS yellow sticky pad!
- Intra-departmental email creates a truly paper-free communications system
- On-line message transmission from RIMS
- On-screen message composition with spell check
- Unlimited message length
- Ability to print messages
- Ability to edit/add notes to messages and forward them
- Ability to direct mail to persons, groups of persons, terminals or mobile units
- Automatic notification when messages are read
- Ability to add attachments to messages
- Complete integration with mobile computer users
- Integration with other RIMS agencies using RIMS Collaborate™
With RIMS Computer Aided Dispatch, you have the ability to create 53 types of statistical reports. One of these is the Shift Bulletin, which enables you to easily create the thrice-daily reports that are typically done manually at the end of each shift. The RIMS Shift Bulletin is easily prepared, versatile in its use and can be created without any effort on the part of the dispatcher.
Other reports include:
- Incident summary
- 24-hour Incident summary
- Patrol statistics
- Persons contacted
- Officer log
- Officer activity report
- Unverified locations
- False alarm
- Incident response times
- Frequently responded to locations
- Vehicle log
- Vehicle mileage summary
- Truly makes the dispatcher’s job easier with its highly-optimized methodology.
- Extends transparent and often automatic access to records information.
- Provides management with detailed data on patrol activity and dispatch operation.